Microsoft ha liberado el 27/02/2013 un upate del Management Pack de Windows Cluster, esta nueva versión, (la 7.0.8560.0) agrega el soporte para monitoreo de Clusters basados en Windows Server 2012, como requisitos del mismo la version de SCOM que necesitan debe ser 2012 o superior.
Para descargar el MP y su correspondiente documentación pueden hacerlo de aquí.
Recientemente hablamos sobre el nuevo Management Pack que permitía monitorear Hosts Hyper-V en Windows 2012, ahora es el turno del RemoteAccess 2012, este MP es el que nos permite monitorear el rol de Remote Access en servidores WS 2012
Les comparto parte de la documentación donde se muestran las opciones del monitoreo.
- Issues with internal and external network adapter connection and settings such as forwarding
- Teredo server state and configuration
- Isatap availability and configuration such as name publishing and route publishing
- 6to4 adapter and forwarding state
- Heuristics around network security such as DOS attack, spoof attack and replay attack and state of IPSec
- State of network infrastructure like Dns servers, Management servers configured for DirectAccess
- IP-Https state and configuration
- State of various underlying services such as BFE, IPHelper etc needed for Remote Access
- Heuristics related to OTP
Most of the health monitoring scenarios that can be monitored using the native DirectAccess UI have been included in the management pack.
Existing capabilities for RRAS management pack have been included in the unified management pack as well. We’ll summarize the monitoring capabilities for RRAS included in the unified management pack:
- Remote access (VPN) connection failures due to erroneous configuration.
- Demand-dial (site-to-site) connection failures due to erroneous configuration.
- Erroneous configuration of VPN tunnels:
- Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP)
- Layer Two Tunneling Protocol (L2TP/IPSec)
- Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol (SSTP)
- Internet Key Exchange version 2 (IKEv2)
- Connection licenses, registry corruption, authentication, and accounting issues for remote access
- VPN network access protection (NAP) enforcement and Network Access Quarantine Control access issues
- Erroneous configuration and setup issues involved with various routing protocols that are exposed through RRAS, such as the following:
- Routing Information Protocol (RIP) v1 and v2
- DHCP Relay Agent
- Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP)
- DHCPv6 Relay Agent
- Monitors and alarms to notify the administrator about erroneous conditions. These conditions include the following:
- Hardware device error
- Protocol initialization failure
- Remote Access Connection Manager (RASMAN) service unexpected termination
- Routing and Remote Access service unexpected termination
- Routing and Remote Access service monitor
- Authentication or accounting failures
- Configuration failures
- IPsec-related failures
- Packet filter-related failure
- IPCP negotiation failure
- Memory allocation monitor
- Memory allocation failure
- No more licenses monitor
- Port open failures
- Support for monitoring performance counters and instrumentation, including the following:
- Total number of remote access connections
- Total number of timeout and serial overrun errors for this connection
- Total number of alignment errors for this connection (alignment errors occur when a byte received is different from the byte expected)
- Total number of buffer overrun errors for this connection (buffer overrun errors occur when the software cannot handle the rate at which data is received)
- Total number of bytes received for this connection
- Number of bytes received per second
- Total number of bytes transmitted for this connection
- Number of bytes transmitted per second
- Total number of cyclic redundancy check (CRC) errors for this connection (CRC errors occur when the frame received contains erroneous data)
- Total number of data frames received for this connection
- Number of frames received per second.
En el siguiente Link pueden conseguir el MP así como la documentación del mismo.